Composing and capturing a family photo is one of my top favorites. In a world where the word “love” is often misconstrued and used without discretion, I am honored to so often have the opportunity to capture families who truly cherish each other! And let me just point out that family doesn’t just have to be people who are biologically related to you! Nor does it have to be a large group of people–two are just as perfect as ten!
Your Typical Session…
Regardless of any package you choose, the same basic scenario applies:
- Hi! – You call/email/facebook message/etc. We talk.
- The Meet & Greet & 411– We meet up to get to know one another, talk over session ideas, and have a great time. We’ll go over products and pricing to make sure that you feel fully informed every step of the way. We discuss what to wear and where to go. We sign an agreement and set a date.
- Forget-Me-Not – I call you a week beforehand to remind you about the when-and-wheres.
- I Shoot You…*wink* – We meet for our session and have an awesome time! You vogue it and I snap away. You look awesome, we bribe the kids when they start breaking down, and I leap about like an acrobat and/or make fart noises to get them to crack a smile. Don’t doubt me–there have been witnesses. I do what has to be done.
- May I Take Your Order – About two weeks later we meet for your in-home ordering session. We go through your best images and you can order any prints, enlargements or photo products that make your home that much warmer. And get sweet little Grandma off your back.
- Santa Delivers! – Two to four weeks later, I show up with boxes of photographic awesomeness!
Check out my post on What to Wear for Family Photos.
I love Pinterest, so here are some links to some boards I have created to make group photos easier on you!
Want to have the scoop on specials, wardrobe tips and casting calls? Sign up here!